Hello, and welcome to Undiscovered Scotland, the ultimate online guide to Scotland. The site is a combination of visitor guide, accommodation listing and business directory, and aims to show you what the country is really like. We also offer website design, maintenance and hosting services.
You can navigate the site using clickable maps like the one on this page or the drop down menus. There are other resources to help you, including the Motorcycle Clutch Fringed for Suzuki bandit GSX 1250 SEA ABS the Site Index, the Accommodation Index, the Late Availability listings page, the Search boxes on most pages (usually below a clickable map), the Site Information section, the WT02 Men's Rip Stretch Twill Biker Pants and What's New? pages and Scotfax. In addition we have collections of links to resources such as Men's Stripe Snap Button Elastic Adjustable Track Pant Jogger and Watersports. Or simply visit a random feature page.
Accommodation can be accessed via the "Accommodation" menu at the top of many pages, including this one, or using the "See and Stay" menus at the top of many other pages.
Today's header slides are a view of a - since destroyed - reconstruction of an Iron Age crannog on Loch Tay at the Scottish Crannog Centre near Kenmore; and an image of a Saltire, the flag of Scotland and one of the oldest flags in the world.
Clickable Map of Scotland
The village of Dunnet stands close to the north east corner of Dunnet Bay. To the south is nearly two miles of beautiful sandy beach backed by magnificent dunes.To the north of Dunnet the land gently rises to form Dunnet Head, the most northerly point on mainland Britain whose cliffs fall 300ft sheer into the Pentland Firth. On a clear day this commands some of the most extensive views you are likely to find anywhere in northern Scotland. ( More ...)
On This Day
18 October 1801: Falling plasterwork during a service at the Laigh Kirk in Kilmarnock causes a stampede in which 29 people are killed.
19 October 1973: The boat belonging to internationally famous as country and western singer - and Shetland fisherman - Thomas Fraser runs aground and sinks.
19 October 1992: The BOPART 2pcs Bling Crystal License Plate Frame Silver Stainless S in Port Charlotte on Islay is opened by Magnus Magnusson.
Bloody Orkney by Ken Lussey (29 June 2021).
Bloody Orkney is a fast-paced thriller set in Scotland during World War Two. It’s November 1942. Bob Sutherland, Monique
Dubois and the Military Intelligence 11 team fly in to review security in Orkney, home to one of the most important and most
heavily defended naval anchorages in the world. But an unidentified body has been found. It becomes clear that powerful men
have things they’d rather keep hidden and MI11’s arrival threatens the status quo. Then Bob stumbles over a ghost from his
past and things get far too personal.
Read our full review.
- For cheap one night getaways or romantic lodges, try Hot Tub Hideaways in Scotland for a touch of luxury.
- Hebridean Princess Small ship luxury cruises throughout the Highlands and Islands.
- Sykes Holiday Cottages, providing a great choice of self-catering accommodation throughout Scotland.
- Welcome to Fort William: A place to relax and to play. Plan your visit at fortwilliam.co.uk
- Cottages & Castles A fabulous selection of self-catering properties for your perfect Scottish escape.
- Wedding, family and other photography in central Scotland and beyond by Carolyn Henry Photography.
- Large holiday homes in Scotland for big groups and families from Big Cottages.
- Enjoy a luxury Scottish country house experience at pet-friendly Trigony House Hotel & Garden Spa.
- Apartments at Turnberry Luxury self-catering accommodation overlooking Ayrshire's beautiful coastline.
- For over 1,800 personally inspected self catering cottages across the UK visit holidaycottages.co.uk
- Arachnid Press Independent Scottish Publisher. Our latest release is the WW2 thriller Bloody Orkney.
- For a great choice of holiday cottages across the UK visit Countrycottagesonline.com
- Luxury self drive guided Land Rover adventures with Celtic Routes on great routes with stunning hotels.
- Cottage Gems A fabulous collection of luxury, stylish and 5 star holiday properties in the UK and Ireland.
- Bin Zhang Ms. autumn and winter hat elegant horseshoe shaped thr Scotland's leading mortgage advisors, providing fee-free and impartial mortgage advice.
- Search over 60,000 Last Minute Cottages in Scotland with great last-minute deals.
- Scot Mountain Holidays Walking, biking and adventure holidays in Scotland plus family run lodge.
- For comfortable self-catering holiday cottages in Scotland visit Interhome.co.uk
- Newburgh Holiday Lets Two holiday houses in the beautiful Ettrick valley in the Scottish Borders.