Myeloma is an accumulation of malfunctioning or 'cancerous'
plasma cells (plasma cell neoplasms, or a bone marrow dyscrasia)
A form of inflammatory bowel disease that is slightly different than Crohn's disease. Learn about causes, symptoms, and treatment options for UC
Health News of the Week
Why We Lose Weight and Why We Don't
Gut Bacteria May Fuel Prostate Cancer Treatment Resistance
FDA Advisors Vote to Recommend Moderna Boosters
FDA Questions Reliability of Data Backing J&J's Bid for Boosters
Phthalates in Consumer Products Linked to Early Death, Study Says
Learn how rheumatoid arthritis (RA) affects the body. Common RA symptoms and signs include fatigue and joint pain, stiffness, and swelling.
Hepatitis means inflammation of the liver. It can be caused by several viruses. The main types in the United States are A, B, and C.
Latest Images and Slideshows
- Alopecia Areata: See a Picture of This Condition
- Brown Recluse Spider Bite: See a Picture of This Spider Bite
- Hand-Foot-and-Mouth Disease: See a Picture of This Condition
- WFL-Floor Lights White Floor Lamp Piano Lamp Living Room Sofa Be See Pictures of Herpes Zoster
- Enterovirus D68: Symptoms and Treatment for the EV-D68 Virus
- Ebola Virus: Outbreak, Symptoms, and Facts
eMedicineHealth offers a wide array of first aid and emergency topics from cuts & wounds to broken bones to insect bites & stings. These include easy to read articles, slideshows, quizzes and visuals providing basic as well as in-depth treatment and procedures for injuries, first aid kits, CPR and more.
See the complete A-Z list of all the first aid related information or browse the current list of select resources.
Trending on eMedicineHealth
- Thoracic Outlet Syndrome: Is Thoracic Outlet Syndrome Serious?
- H. pylori: What Are the First Symptoms of H. pylori?
- Bladder Infection vs. UTI: What Is the Difference Between a Bladder Infection and a UTI?
- Chickenpox vs. Hand, Foot, and Mouth Disease: What Is the Difference Between Chickenpox and HFMD?
- Gastrointestinal Disorders: What Are 5 Common Diseases of the Digestive System?
- Blood in Stool: Is Blood in Stool an Emergency?
- Types of ADHD: What Are the Three Types of ADHD?
- Lupus: What Are the Symptoms of Lupus in a Woman?
- Staph Infection: How Long Is a Staph Infection Contagious?
- Hypoglycemia Without Diabetes: What Causes Hypoglycemia Without Diabetes?
- High Cholesterol Diet: What Foods Should You Avoid If You Have High Cholesterol?